Wednesday, July 24, 2013

GPG and Sid

I want to go to bed but here's a quick update on what I've done today:
I have moved past steps 1 and 2 on my checklist. That is, I have installed Debian and upgraded to Sid. I spent a long time waiting for things to download, and I did various things during that time (like browsing Unix & Linux). I spent a fairly long amount of time getting the feel of my new Debian system (although I already had some experience from Ubuntu) and customizing it to my liking. I still have a bit more to do, notably installing the awesome window manager (I couldn't do that during the day because build-essential and the Sid updates were downloading and locking the APT cache). But overall I'm pretty satisfied. I've got my Emacs, I've got my Firefox, and soon I'll have my awesome - what more could you want?
Anyway, the second thing that I've done today is I've generated a GPG key for myself to use. It's GPG key 0xA8DA10C057F65FA7, with the fingerprint B105 3164 B6C8 F4F7 C2B4 356F A8DA 10C0 57F6 5FA7. I have uploaded it to keys.gnupg.org and keyserver.ubuntu.com. You can also find this information on strugee.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment goes here.