Monday, July 22, 2013

Debian week, day 2

 It's Debian week, day 2! I am still stuck on step 1.
The Internet access is super terrible here, so I can only get some stuff done at certain times. Like blogging. Anyway, I tested whatever I said I'd do last night and it failed. So I have one more thing to try: I have made a full backup of my Arch flash drive and I'm about to wipe it and reformat as VFAT. Hopefully I can then put the firmware on there and it will finally work, as this is an exact setup that the Debian installer expects. Hopefully.
Also: the Ubuntu Edge is a new phone that has desktop system specs, custom-made by Canonical. Much as I have grown to be bitter towards Ubuntu and Canonical on a personal level, they, along with the Ubuntu Phone project, are our best bet to making GNU/Linux succeed in the consumer market. And to be perfectly honest, the Ubuntu Edge looks like a really amazing piece of hardware. Therefore I actually chose to back it with $20, and you should too.
Anyway, back to Debian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment goes here.