Friday, June 17, 2011

How to create custom private posts in Buzz

Okay, so you probably already knew that you can create public posts in Buzz, which anyone can see, and you can create private posts from contact groups that only the people in the contact group can see. But did you know you can also make custom private posts that don't fully come from a contact group?
Steps:
1. Create a contact group with nobody in it.
2. When you want to make a custom private post, select this group as the contact group it'll be to.
3. Somewhere inside the post, @reply every person you want included in the post. You can also @reply people to add to a contact group that already has people in it.
4. Post.
For example, recently I wanted to make a private post to my friend Kiki, and no one else. Instead of making a new contact group, I used my 'nobody' contact group, then put @kiki.****@gmail.com (I've obfuscated part of his email) in my post. When I posted, Buzz added him to the post.
Go try it out! It's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment goes here.