Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Game

Okay, so I've been thinking of a game that people can play this summer. It will start as soon as this is published, and will end around the end of summer vacation (I'll post something when it ends to let you know). When it ends, whoever has the most points will win.
Here are the rules.

RULES
1. In order to get points, you have to not talk for a whole day. (It was originally going to be based around weeks but I changed it on the advice of Greta Zorn - thanks for the input, Greta!)
2. This only includes using your vocal chords. You can still talk using the computer (e.g. Google Talk) and you can carry around paper to write your thoughts on. You can also carry something to get someone's attention, like an air horn, and even get someone else to say it for you.
3. Involuntary noises such as sneezing and coughing are allowed. Note that you have to do your best to suppress laughter.
4. If you REALLY have to make an exception you can. A good example of this would be if you had to give a public speech.
Okay, I can't think of any more off the top of my head, so let's move on to scoring.

SCORING
1. For one day you get one point.
2. For a day after another day (two consecutive days) you get the previous day's point value + 1.
3. For the beginning of each consecutive week (7 days in a row, it would be the 8th day) you can add 1 point to the number of points you add to the previous day's point value (except for the first week).
4. Once you miss a day, the number of points you add to the previous day's value is reset to 1. The next day you do it, you'll get one point (which then adds to the total score you had before - the total score does not reset.)
5. This is based on the honor system, so don't cheat please - it ruins it for everyone else.

Scoring example - I don't talk Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday all in a row. Then, I miss Wednesday and talk, then don't talk again on Thursday.
Monday, I get 1 point. Tuesday, I get 2 because Monday's Score (1) + 1 = 2. Wednesday, I get Tuesday's score (2) + 1 = 3. Thursday, I get 4, Friday, I get 5, Saturday, I get 6, Sunday, 7.
Now, I've done it 7 days. Since Monday's the beginning of a new week, I add one to the number of points I get. Therefore, I get Sunday's score + 2 (as opposed to one) = 9 points on Monday. Tuesday, I get Monday's score (9) + 2 = 11. Wednesday, I talk and the points I add to the previous day's score is reset, and I get zero points that day. Note that I don't lose the 11 points I already had. Thursday, I don't talk and get the 11 points I already had + Wednesday's score (0) + 1 = 12.

If you have any questions, post in the comments (people reading this on Buzz, it would be great if you could post questions on the actual blog, ramblingsfromalex.blogspot.com, as well as Buzz, because then other people can see them).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment goes here.